Home ❯ Operations ❯ Emir-Oil
Emir-Oil: A balanced portfolio
The Emir-Oil Concession Block is located onshore in the Mangystau Oblast (situated in the southwestern region of Kazakhstan), about 40 km northeast of the City of Aktau which is Kazakhstan’s largest sea-port on the Caspian Sea coast. The Emir-Oil Concession Block has a total contract area of approximately 850.3 km2, comprising the following:
- four producing fields namely, Aksaz condensate-rich gas field, Dolinnoe oil field, Emir oil field and Kariman oil field with a total contract area of approximately 45.5 km2; and
- an exploration area with a total contract area of approximately 804.8 km2. The following discovered fields and prospects are located in the exploration area:
- two development fields (North Kariman and Yessen oil fields) which have been under pilot production since June 2012 and April 2013, respectively; and
- six prospects (namely, Borly, Aidai, Begesh, East Saura, North Aidai and Tanirbergen) which have been identified outside the producing fields for future exploration, appraisal, development and production. Additionally, four prospects have also been identified which are surrounding the producing fields.
Emir-Oil Concession Block
A summary of the components of the Emir-Oil Concession Block is as follows:
|Type of Field||Production Commencement Year (1)||Type of Contract||Duration (years)||Commencement Date||Expiry Date||Area (km2)|
|Kariman||Oil||2006||Production Contract||25||9 September 2011||9 September 2036||12.24|
|Dolinnoe||Oil||2004||Production Contract||25||9 September 2011||9 September 2036||18.24|
|Aksaz||Light Oil||2005||Production Contract||25||9 September 2011||9 September 2036||11.48|
|Emir||Oil||2004||Production Contract||17||1 March 2013||1 March 2030||3.53|
|Exploration Area||-||-||Exploration Contract||3||10 January 2017||9 January 2020 (2)||804.81|
- Production commenced prior to the execution of the Production Contracts by virtue of pilot production under the Exploration Contract.
- The Exploration Contract is renewable upon expiry, subject to the terms and conditions to be negotiated with the Ministry of Energy of Kazakhstan.
Management and Operation Control