Our team (Directors and Management Team) comprises both local and international expertise with proven track record and global networks in the oil and gas industry. Our Management Team members have an average of over 30 years of experience in the oil and gas industry worldwide especially in Asia Pacific, with IOCs and NOCs holding senior management roles. They are technical specialists with many years of practical experiences, encompassing the entire value chain of upstream segment of the oil and gas industry.
Our Management Team will also be guided by our Board made up of a blend of international industry experts who have led major IOCs and oil and gas consulting practices, and legal and finance professionals who have held senior positions with international conglomerates as well as regulatory body. They are also an experienced Board well versed in implementing corporate governance practices to safeguard the best interest of our Company.
Izlan bin Izhab
Chairman / Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
- Formerly the Executive Vice President, Corporate and Legal Affairs of Bursa Malaysia Berhad for 15 years until his retirement.
- He is currently an independent non-executive Director of K&N Kenanga Holdings Berhad and Box-Pak (Malaysia) Berhad, which are all listed on Bursa Securities. He also holds directorships in other companies mainly in fund management.
Nik Din bin Nik Sulaiman
Independent Non-Executive Director
- More than 35 years of experience in the fields of accounting, auditing and finance. He is a member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
- Previously Group Financial Controller of Kumpulan Perangsang Selangor Berhad, Finance Director of Promet Berhad, Finance Director of Sime Darby Group and Finance Director of Tractors Malaysia Holdings Berhad.
Aonghus Joseph O’Carroll
Independent Non-Executive Director
- Formerly the Managing Director of Knowledge Reservoir (UK) Ltd., an E&P consulting firm which provides specialist support in reservoir management and surface systems for the oil and gas industry globally.
- 29 years of international geoscience management experiences in Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. He has experience in integrated services across the E&P spectrum involving technical and managerial aspects.
Ir. Shahul Hamid bin Mohd Ismail
Managing Director / CEO
- 34 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry covering the entire hydrocarbon value chain.
- Intimately involved in many greenfield and brownfield developments including sourcing, evaluating, developing and operationalising greenfields and brownfields in Esso, Shell and PDO.
- Held many senior E&P roles in Esso, Shell and PDO. First Malaysian Managing Director of Shell Refining Company (FOM) Berhad.
Chief Financial Officer
- 20 years of experience in financial management and corporate finance, including 10 years in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Formerly CFO of SapuraCrest Petroleum Berhad and Chief Operating Officer of Sapura Resources Berhad.
- Knowledge and experience in financial evaluations, funding, syndicated financing, project financing and joint venture arrangements.
Abd Rahim bin Shamsudin
Vice President of Petroleum Engineering
- 33 years of working experience in the Petroliam Nasional Berhad (“PETRONAS”) group of companies (E&P sector).
- Extensive knowledge and direct relevant experience in petroleum engineering, gas supply planning, joint venture management and asset management.
Dr. Robert King Park
Vice President of Geosciences
- 39 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Former Chief Geologist/Senior Specialist Advisor of Kodeco, Indonesia.
- Former Specialist Advisor to Phillips Petroleum global operations before moving to Schlumberger in Jakarta, Indonesia as Unit Geologist.
- In recent years, he has been engaged as a geological consultant to evaluate potential sites across the Asia Pacific region.
- Authored more than 25 peer reviewed papers and has been an occasional reviewer for publications by associations / societies of geologists.
Ir. Syed Salim bin Syed Abu Bakar
Vice President of Operations
- 28 years of working experience in the PETRONAS group of companies in upstream E&P, petrochemical, refining, and research & technology.
- Developed expertise in the area of managing upstream oil and gas fields production and operations activities domestically as well as internationally.
- Was also involved in PSC arrangements and benchmarking of best practices to ensure efficiency in operations.
Ronald Lee Schakosky
Vice President of Business Development
- 30 years of international experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Has been involved in the full life cycle of many E&P projects with international oil and gas companies.
- Strong network and business relationships with key stakeholders of IOCs and NOCs, PSC operators and funders both in South East Asia and the Middle East.
- Has in-depth experience in sourcing potential E&P acquisitions and development opportunities in the Asia Pacific region.